When it comes to choosing a great wedding band, you may have your work cut out for you. There is a ton of them out there and not all of them are what you are looking for. Your best bet is to put your playlist together early and then look for a band that can either play the songs you have chosen or learn them by your big day. Here is a list of fantastic wedding reception choices that are sure to make any wedding as special as it can be. Feel free to use it or be inspired by it to create one of your very own.
- Billy Joel’s “She’s Always A Woman To Me” is a great song for the right wedding band.
- “Easy” (Like a Sunday morning) is another one of those easy songs that sounds wonderful when done by a live wedding band. The Commodores came up with an instant wedding classic when they wrote this one.
- What better selection for your band to play while the bride dances with her groom, staring deeply into his eyes than… “Take My Breath Away” by Berlin.
- Robbie Dupree knew that even though you are having a big wedding, you secretly want to “Steal Away” and that song sounds great when performed by a live band.
- These words by the Climax Blues Band say it all in their song… “I Love You” and places this band firmly on our wedding hit list.
When I was a younger man I hadn’t a care
Fooling around, hitting the town, growing my hair
You came along and stole my heart when you entered my life
Ooh babe, you got what it takes so I made you my wife
- We don’t know much, but we do know that “Lost in Love” by Air Supply describes how you feel about your new spouse and will have everyone singing along.
- Every wedding band loves to play “Heaven” by Bryan Adams… so let them play.
- Let the world know your marriage will be different and spread a little goodwill while you are at it. What wedding band can’t play Cat Stephens and Peace Train?
- Bread and “Everything I Own” is a classic ‘I love you’ song from groom to bride that just has to make this list. From wedding day to sixty-year anniversary, it means so much.
- What could be more apt (and easy to sing) on your blessed day than “Stand By Me” by Ben E. King.
- How many people know that Van Morrison (With Scott Wiseman) performed the original “Have I Told You Lately?” Remind them and have your wedding band play this classic.
- “Make It With You” is another Bread ballad that just begs to be played at your wedding reception.
- Tell the world that I am “Stuck On You” and ‘I’m on my way’ to being stuck forever with Lionel Richie as performed by your wedding band.
- Everyone hits the floor when Johnny Rivers sings “Slow Dancing”.
- Hamilton, Joe Frank, and Reynolds say a mouthful with (Baby, baby) “Fallin’ in Love”.
- Need to lighten the mood? The Archies can do that with “Sugar Sugar”. It don’t get much more fun than that.
- Head towards the end of your playlist with a sure toe tapper… “I Can See Clearly Now” by Johnny Nash is sure to get them up and dancing.
- “From This Moment” is one of the best country songs that you can choose for your playlist -bar none. Shania Twain knew what she was doing when she wrote this one.
- Speaking of great country songs that a really good wedding band could play, what better way to start your future than with then Celine Dion’s totally enrapturing “Because You Loved Me”.
You were my strength when I was weak
You were my voice when I couldn’t speak
You were my eyes when I couldn’t see
You saw the best there was in me
Lifted me up when I couldn’t reach
You gave me faith ‘cuz you believed
I’m everything I am
because you loved me
- Why not let Barbara Streisand send you off with Love that is soft as the April snow and “Evergreen”.
There is Nothing Like a Live Wedding Band
And if that does not say it all… I do not know what does. This playlist will have your guests falling in love all over again so do not be surprised if you get a few thank you notes from them. You may want to keep this soundtrack close to your heart. Mix and match with our other offerings or make one of your very own. Just remember that it is all about the love you feel now and forever. Your wedding will certainly be remembered by the music you play so pick some great songs and congrats!